Perfect Finish Diamond Hard Floor Varnish
Protect your wooden floors 5 times faster with our Perfect Finish Diamond Hard Floor Varnish. It comes with our Perfect Finish pad that puts on just the right amount, so you don't get any brush marks. Its long handle also takes the backache out of varnishing your floor. All you have to do is choose from any of our natural wood tones.
- Diamond Hard Protection
- Dries in just 30 minutes
- Gives you a natural finish that shows off the grain of the wood
- Protects against knocks, scuffs and scratches
5 colours available
It takes no time at all
Good product by Julie berry
Really good advice, helped with my floor problem
Date submitted by: 29 August 2016
Ronseal Perfect Finish Diamond Hard Floor Varnish
We know varnishing your floor isn't a fun job, so why spend longer than you have to on it? Our Perfect Finish Pad in this pack helps you get the job done fast. In fact, it’s 5 x quicker than using a brush. It’s also the toughest varnish we do. So it’ll last, keeping your wooden floors protected and looking great for longer.
Before You Start
Make sure the room is above 10°C. Take your furniture out, and for ventilation, open your doors and windows.
Prep - Unvarnished Wood
We know prep is a pain, but it’s worth it to get your floors looking their best. Start by sanding your floor. This will give the wood an even finish and help the varnish to stick. The easiest way to do this is with a floor sander. Use 120 grit sandpaper and go along the length of the boards. Make sure to wear a face mask, because it creates a lot of dust. Let the dust settle. Then give it a vacuum and wipe it down with white spirit. If you notice any holes or imperfections use our Multi Purpose Wood Filler to fill them in.
Prep - Previously Varnished Wood
This depends what state your floor is in. If the old varnish is just in need of a refresh, give it a light sand with 120 grit sandpaper. Let the dust settle. Then give it a vacuum and wipe it down with white spirit. If your floors aren't in good condition or the varnish is flaking off, sand the floor back to bare wood using a floor sander. Look at the Prep – Unvarnished Floors section to see how to do it.
Using Your Varnish and Perfect Finish Pad
1. You’ll find the Perfect Finish Pad in the tray at the top of this tub. Before you take it out, make sure there’s a dust sheet down. Some of the varnish may be on the bottom of the tray.
2. Put the pad and pole together as shown on the instructions. Give the pad a quick vacuum to get rid of any loose bits that you don’t want getting in your varnish.
3. Give the varnish a really good stir and test the colour on a small area. Using the Pad, start in the corner furthest from the door and work along the length of 2 floor boards at a time. You don’t want to varnish yourself into a corner!
4. You’ll need 3 coats to give you the best protection. Leave 2 hours between each coat. Before the 3rd coat, give your floor a very light sand along the length of your floorboards with 240 grit sandpaper (don’t use a floor sander for this bit). Wipe down with a damp cloth. Then put the 3rd coat down.
5. You’ll be able to walk over it in just 2 hours. Wait 24 hours before putting your furniture back and be careful not to scrape your floor.
After 72 hours it’ll be tough enough to stand up to just about anything.
6. If you get any varnish on yourself wash it off with warm, soapy water.
Usage Areas: All indoor wooden flooring.
Compatibility: New or previously varnished wood.
Clean Up: Clean the pad using warm, soapy water.