Perfect Finish Ultimate Protection Decking Oil
Doing your deck can take time and effort. To get the job done fast, without the backache, use our Perfect Finish Ultimate Protection Decking Oil. You get everything you need in one pack - pads, poles and the liquid. It also lasts twice as long as standard Decking Oils. All you need to do is choose from any of our natural wood tones. It protects and enhances the natural beauty of decking, leaving it with a translucent finish.
- Lasts twice as long as standard decking oils
- Restores wood oils lost through weathering
- Stops wood from greying and splitting
- Rainproof in 90 minutes
- 5 x Faster Protection
Ronseal Perfect Finish Ultimate Protection Decking Oil
Our Perfect Finish Oil includes our Perfect Finish pad and pole. It'll help you get the job done fast, putting an end to getting on your hands and knees with a brush.
This is our Ultimate Protection Decking Oil. It nourishes deep into your wood to stop it drying out and protects onger against regular use. In fact, it'll last twice as long as standard decking oils.
Before You Start
- Choose a warm, dry day (above 10°C) and clear the deck
Untreated, grey and weathered decks
- Our decking oil will look much better on a nice clean deck, so use our Decking Restorer to take it back to it's natural colour.
New Decks: Most new decks come with a bit of waterproofing protection. This could stop the oil from soaking in properly. There are 2 ways to avoid this:
- You can leave your deck to weather for 3 to 6 months then give it a clean with our Cleaner and Reviver. When it's dry you can put on the oil.
- Or, if you want your deck to look great straight away, give it a scrub with our Cleaner and Reviver. Once scrubbed, throw some water on the deck and see if it beads. If it doesn't you'll be ready to put on the oil. If it does then you'll have to clean it again until the water stops beading.
Previously Painted Decks: If your deck is flaking and peeling, use our Decking Stripper to get it back to bare wood. It's not as hard as you think and it's definitely worth it. If it's in good condition and just a bit dirty, scrub with our Cleaner and Reviver.
Using Your Oil and Pad
- You'll find the Perfect Finish Pad in the tray at the top of this tub. Before you take it out, lay some paper down. Some of the oil may be on the bottom of the tray.
- There's an instruction leaflet in the tub, showing how the poles fit together. Please read it, otherwise you might not put it together correctly and it could fall apart. (You have been warned)
Give the oil a good stir and dip it in the pad. Check you're happy with the colour, find a small hidden patch of wood and try it.
- Start in the furthest corner, then push or pull the pad in long strokes down the length of the boards. Work on 3-4 boards at a time so you don't get any overlap marks.
- You'll need to put on 2 coats. Leave for 4 hours between each coat. After 24 hours the oil will reach full hardness, so you'll need to wait until then, before getting your furniture back out.
- If you get any oil on yourself, wash it off with warm soapy water.
- Note: If you run out of oil, Ultimate Protection Decking Oil also comes in a 2.5L tin. You can use this as a top up.
- Scrape as much oil as you can off your pad and wash it out in warm, soapy water. Don't empty any left over paints into drains or watercourses. Your local authority may have special ways to get rid of unused paints.
Where can I use it?: Ridged or smooth hardwood or softwood decking. Don't try to cover a dark oil with a lighter colour. You'll need to strip it off first.
How much will it cover?: With 2 coats this 2.5L tub will cover approximately 10m2 on ridged boards, and 12m2 on smooth planed boards.
Dry Time: It's rainproof in 90 minutes. Allow 4 hours before walking on it and 24 hours before using it.
It takes no time at all
Overall it's a worthy product by Rickymint
I used the mahogany stain to cover the decking i recently laid, which was old decking planks i acquired from a friend, so giving it a coat of stain certainly gave it a new lease of life. It covered easily and produced a good result. Two criticisms: Firstly my decking is about 13 square metres, and it says that the amount in the pack should be enough for two coats to cover 10 sq metres. However, it was only just enough fir one coat! Secondly , the pad and pole applicator supplied is crap; the pole Does not stay together, and the pad constantly slides out of the holder. I therefore found it easier to use a paint brush, which in the end was better anyway, as the pad did not properly reach inside the grooves or between the gaps. Overall, my verdict is that yes, the actual stain is superb, but the coverage is not as much as stated, and the Applicator is poor!
Date submitted by: 05 June 2016